Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Butterflies

OK anyone who knows me, knows that I love butterflies for a very special reason.  So you can imagine my delight or rather my"squeal" of delight when I saw the Butterfly Basics stamp set on page 26 of the Occasions Catalog!  I really love it and all the possibilities that can happen with the stamps in it.  My first card (definitely not my last)with this stamp set stems from my curiosity about how to use the coordinating Butterflies Thinlits die. I saw on the web that if you use a dryer sheet and wax paper, the little pieces in the die just fall out, so I tried it and it works like a charm.  Here is the sandwich for your Big Shot, bottom up---Magnetic Platform, 1 dryer sheet unfolded, cardstock,wax paper, thinlit, sandwich.  Then I wanted a kind of collage type card so I stamped different stamps on the front.  Well, I really liked the wax paper butterfly and wanted to use it for some dimension on the front.  Then I decided I wanted to try out using some texture paste colored with ink refill.  Sooo...I used the cardstock cutout as a mask to apply the paste and then took the wax paper butterfly and laid it on top of the paste. Then low and behold, my card came together.  I really like the Naturals cardstock for this also.  Anyways, hope you like and maybe be inspired to make some of your own.  If so, please share!  Would love to see.  Thanks for stopping by, if any questions, please let me know.   
Hugs, Alicia


No comments:

Post a Comment