Monday, February 24, 2014

Ornament Punch Flower Bag

I ran across this little jewel quite a while ago.  If you are like me, I save ideas for a time when I "think" that I can do it.   Well, I found it again and decided to give it a try with some Sale-a-bration paper, which was free with a $50.00 order, called Sweet Sorbet.  Wasn't sure that I would like it when I saw it in the brochure, but it is really very pretty in person.  Anyway,  this is make with the ornament punch, which I thought was pretty inventive.  This idea is from Laura Huffke.  So here are the specs on it:
Cut 14 petals (ornaments for first outside layer)
Then cut 9 for layer2
layer 3 is 5
layer 4 is 3
layer 5 very middle  2
I found I needed more than that to get the fullness, so just leave the punch and papers out and keep punching until you have enough to suit you.
Sponge the edges of all the ornaments (petals)
hold by tab and fold the tab on the petal up on all
cut 1 2 3/8 scallop 
cut 2 medium circles of red line tape. put one in the middle of the scallop
lay one petal at a time down on the sticky with the tab facing in.  Continue around and fold them to fit.
Continue each layer until you get to the center.  You will need to add more red line tape in  the center.
I cut a fancy favor box die cut for the box and added some summer starfruit ribbon as the handle.
Hope you like, Until next time
Alicia


No comments:

Post a Comment