Monday, October 27, 2014

Felty Witches Hat Card

The title pretty much says it all.  This is a card that has a Felt Witches Hat on it!!  It you look close you will see that the hat itself is popped up on the card and yes, it is made from felt!  I used the material that you use to transfer wood stamps to clear stamp for the dimensional look.  Since I had some of this left over from when I was transferring my wood stamps to clear, I though, why not give it a try.  So here is what I did..  I stamped the Witches from Stampers Anonymous Halloween Blueprint 3 Stamp Set on the back of the white paper.  Then I cut around the shape of the hat.  After I had cut it out, I removed the top sticky piece and put the felt on it, cut again around hat, then removed the back sticky side and placed it on the cream felt oval that I had cut out. I stamped the hat on sticky back canvas for the band , cut it out and then used spiced marmalade distress ink on it for the orange color.  I made a buckle out of wire and attached it.  The rest is pretty simple, the pearls were colored with Black Soot, the design around the oval was cut with felt from a die cut.
What do you think?  I was pretty happy with the results.  Hope you like. Thanks for stopping by,
Until next time,
Hugs,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment