Monday, September 22, 2014

Hey there Buds!

This is a very versatile stamp that is in our Annual Catalog on page 125.  It is only $9.95 and there is lot that you can do with this one stamp.  Here are a couple of some cards that I have made with different techniques.  Tomorrow I will share a few more.
First up is a technique called Solid Image Tracing. It is a little time consuming but the results are beautiful. First I stamped the Hey Buds stamp image with blushing bride ink, traced it with a Project Life Journaling pen and then colored the image with Blendabilities markers, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.   This is a great way to give your solid images an entirely different look.  After I finished coloring the flowers, I used a sponge dauber with Bermuda Bay ink to color the background. Next I sponged early espresso ink around the edges and then heavily distressed the edges.  Then mounted everything on Black card stock and then on Gold Foil card stock.  The for you is embossed in gold to add some extra pizazz to the card.  I totally cased this card from Connie Collins because I loved the look of it.  What do you think?
 Next I made this card with entirely different colors and another technique called "huffing".
I used Stampin Write markers to color individual parts of the stamp image.  Then before you stamp it, "huff" on the image to refresh the ink.  The moist ink from your mouth will activate the ink again.
I used the Gold Soiree Specialty paper with Calypso Coral and Pistachio Pudding.  Don't those colors sound yummy?  Hope you like and if these give you any inspiration to try a new technique, let me know.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Alicia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment