Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days_17

Witchy Treats
I know that you have read earlier that I LOVE the striped and checked patterns in the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP, but the more I use it the more I love it!
I love the versatility of this style of box, enabling you to add a little or a lot of goodies!  The Two Cool box shown is made by using the two Fancy Favor die-cuts-one as a bottom and the other as a top.  The top is made by cutting the bottom flaps off the Fancy Favor die-cut, adhering the sides like normal, then tying the top together with ribbon.  The bottom is made in the traditional way.  I made a faux bow on the top by punching two holes in the top, then threading the 1/2" Black Striped Ribbon through the holes twice for a faux box.  Here's how:  thread each end of the ribbon into a hole starting at front of the project.  Cross ends, then thread each end back through the opposite hole.  Pull tight and trim.
The front is decorated with my favorite stamp set for Halloween, Toxic Treats. Then cut out with the Labels Collection Framelits.  I also embossed the bottom box with the spider web folder, but my picture is not showing it very well.  Gotta, get better pictures!  Any ideas to help would be appreciated!   If you want to leave a message, just write in the comment section!  thanks. Until next time, Hugs,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment